Project background: A military command that needs to track services provided to various service branches has been capturing data from an OLTP application for several years. The command now needs to report the amount of service members, family member and civilians that have used the services by fiscal year, quarter, month and by region.
- SQL Server 2005 –> 2008 R2
- Crystal Reports
- Business Objects XI –> R3 –> SAP BI 4.1
- BI Launchpad
- TSQL: stored procedures, functions and views
- Lead customer meetings to gather requirements.
- Provided documentation from the initial meetings for customer sign off.
- Developed and deployed SQL procedures, functions and views to structure data for the reporting needs.
- Developed and deployed Business Objects universes for symantec layer reporting. Universes consumed the majority of the data from the database objects developed in the step above.
- Converted legacy Crystal Reports to Web-I reports
- Developed web-i reports for annual, quarterly, monthly and regional reporting
- Developed BI launchpad security model
- Published reports to BI launchpad